Selected Publication :
1. Fibroblasts genetically engineered to secrete interleukin-12 can suppress tumor growth and induce anti-tumor immunity to a murine melanoma in vivo. Tahara, H, Lotze, MT et al. Cancer Research 54: 182-189, 1994.
2. Effective eradication of established murine tumors with interleukin 12 (IL-12) gene therapy using a polycistronic retroviral vector. Tahara, H, Zitvogel, L, Lotze, MT et al. J. Immunol. 154: 6466-6474, 1995.
3. Viral interleukin 10 (vIL-10), the human herpes virus-4 cellular IL-10 (cIL-10) homologue, induces local anergy to allogeneic and syngeneic tumors. Suzuki, T, Tahara, H et al. J. Exp. Med. 182:477-486, 1995.
4. Phase I evaluation of intravenous recombinant human interleukin-12 (rhIL-12) in patients with advanced malignancies. Atkins, BA, Tahara, H, Sherman, ML et al. Clin. Cancer Res. 3: 409-417, 1997.
5. Induction of systemic and therapeutic antitumor immunity using intratumoral injection of dendritic cells genetically modified to express interleukin 12. Nishioka, Y, Tahara, H et al. Cancer Res 59:4035-41, 1999.
6. Interleukin 12 gene therapy of cancer by peritumoral injection of transduced autologous fibroblasts: Outcome of a Phase I study. Kang, WK, Tahara, T, Lotze, MT and Park, CH. Human Gene Therapy 12:671-684, 2001.
7. Phase I study of autologous tumor vaccines transduced with the GM-CSF gene in four patients with stage IV renal cell cancer in Japan: clinical and immunological findings. Tani K, Tahara H, Asano S et al. Mol Ther. 10:799-816, 2004.
8. Systemic Administration of IL-23 Induces Potent Anti-tumor Immunity Primarily Mediated through Th1-type Response in Association with the Endogenously Expressed IL-12. Kaiga T, Sato M, Kaneda H, Iwakura Y, Takayama T, and Tahara H. J Immunol 178:7571-80, 2007
9. Milk Fat Globule EGF-8 blockade triggers tumor destruction through coordinated cell-autonomous and immune-mediated mechanisms. Jinushi M, Tahara H et al. J Exp. Med. 206:1317-1326,2009
10. Tumor-associated macrophages regulate tumorigenicity and anticancer drug responses of cancer stem/initiating cells. Jinushi M, Tahara H et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 108:12425-30. 2011